PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Beautiful Ruins//Book Review

Hi Friends!

It seems like forever since I've done a book review, but this one was worth the wait, I promise.  As I was sitting here trying to find all the best adjectives to describe this brilliant book, I stumbled upon a review by Sara Habein.  It opened with the following fabulous paragraph which made me laugh out loud and clap my hands in agreement:

Let’s get one thing out of the way up front: Beautiful Ruins is an absolutely perfect book, and if you read any review that claims otherwise, then that reviewer is trying too hard to be a smug killjoy and they should not be trusted. You should perhaps ask them if they also enjoy popping children’s balloons and talking on their phone during movies because only a jerk would hate on this book.
 
Oh, friends! I simply adored this book, and I know you will, too.  If you love character-driven, sweeping stories that are both wise and funny, don't pass up Jess Walter's Beautiful Ruins.  It is fabulous.  Seriously fabulous.  I'm not going to give too much of a synopsis because I don't want to give anything away.  Suffice it to say, it's got movie stars and remote Italian villages and flawed heroes and Richard Burton and Liz Taylor.  It's got characters that you're going to love, and characters that you will hate.  It has characters that you want to end up loving, but you won't, because some people can't change.  If that's not enough to get you to immediately run out and pick up a copy of Beautiful Ruins, then I don't know what to tell you.  This book is a gem. 
 
XO,

Vicki
 
PS I wish I wasn't done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment