It's Friday again! Yahoo! This week has completely kicked my bootie. Swim team is in full-swing, and that means lots of practice, parties, and meets. Yesterday we had an away meet and didn't get back until 11:30. This morning was the Senior Wake Up, and Emily and I were on the road at 5:30 to wake up swimmers for a team breakfast. Good times, for sure!! I'm hoping to use this weekend to catch up on sleep and time with John and the kids. Fingers crossed! Here's 5 good links for you to check out:
1. I love the idea of commissioning a painting--wouldn't that make the best gift?!? I'm not sure how I'd ever pick a photo, though, I have so many to choose from!
2. I have some of the very best girlfriends (including my sister, Christy)--ladies I know always have my back. I am so blessed to have friends who love me when I am not perfect or especially lovable, and friends who make me laugh loud and hard. I love this post from The House of Hendrix, entitled, "35 Things I Want My Daughter to Know About Girlfriends." I especially love #'s 1, 4, 20, 27, 30, 31, 34, & 35.
3. Do you read Momastery blog? It's good, friends. Glenndon's writing style is so funny and real. I love it. Plus, she's not afraid to tell it like it is. She recently did a 40 day internet "fast" -- no blogging, Facebook, Twitter--nothing for 40 days. I anxiously awaited her return so I could read all about what she learned. Her first post back did not disappoint. It's pure Glenndon. Loved it.
4. Spinach + Artichoke + Bacon Stuffed Pretzels? Um...yes. Yes I will be making this recipe!
5. I know we're closing in on the end of summer, but I think there's still time to try one of these "Official Drinks of Summer". Yum!
Have a wonderful long weekend! Enjoy!