PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 5, 2015

One Little Word 2015: Progress


Hi Friends!

I know I say this every year, but I'm pretty darn excited about this year's One Little Word:  Progress. This is my fifth year playing along with Ali Edwards and her One Little Word, and I do believe that one word can (and does) change an entire year.  In the past I have chosen "balance," "nourish", "less" and "commit" as my words and each made an impact on my life.  

Last year's word, "commit" turned out to be frustrating as all get-out.  "Commit" is so black and white.  At first I thought I was going to like that--it is certainly easy to know if I "committed" to my monthly goals or not.  What ended up happening was that my one little word kicked my butt.  There was no room for being less-than-perfect with "commit". With "commit," everything I did was either A+ or F.  There was no room for effort or trying.  I hated "commit" by the end of the year. 

This year, I'm striving for progress

1prog·ress

noun \ˈprä-grəs, -ˌgres, US also & British usually ˈprō-ˌgres\
: movement forward or toward a place
: the process of improving or developing something over a period of time

Synomyms: advancementfurtherancegoingheadwaymarchonrush
passageprocessprocessionadvanceprogression


 This year, I want to see progress, not necessarily perfection.  I feel like the word "progress" has been chasing me since October when I read Elise's quote, "Big Things Happen One Day at a Time."   I bought three of her "Progress, Not Perfection" trackers to track three specific goals in 2015.  I want to make progress towards getting back in shape.  I want to make progress on creative projects.  I want to make progress in my relationships.  I want to make progress in my faith.  Those are all good things.

Mostly, I want to have a year full of little daily goals that add up to an amazing 2015.   

Here's to a year full of progress in 2015!

XO,
Vicki







No comments:

Post a Comment