It's another special day for the Hawley family--it's my mom's birthday! Happy Birthday, Mom! And for those of you keeping track, yes, we do have three family birthdays within a 10-day stretch! I saw this quote last week, and it made me think of my mom:
"The greatest acts of love
are done by those
who are habitually performing
small acts of kindness."
In honor of my mom's birthday, I present you with the following list:
Top Ten Awesome Things My Mom Did for Me that Showed Me Great Love
10. When I was in college, mom wrote me a letter each and every week.
9. When we found out our beloved high school band director was going to be fired, Mom wrote a speech that she delivered to the school board urging them to reconsider.
8. Mom cooked a fresh, homemade meal every day while we were growing up.
7. Mom designed and sewed Emily's entire nursery set--comforter, sheets, draperies, pillows.
6. Mom volunteered to be my Brownie troop leader when no one else would.
5. Mom sat through every single football game I cheered at, no matter what the weather.
4. Mom often sacrificed getting nice Christmas presents so that Tom, Christy, and I could get what we asked for.
3. Mom always made sure we felt celebrated on our birthdays.
2. Mom edited (and typed) every paper I ever wrote until I left for college.
1. Mom taught me about unconditional love. I would not be the woman I am today without having you to look up to as a role model.
I love you!