PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 9, 2015

Happy Birthday, Mom!

 Hi Friends!

It's another special day for the Hawley family--it's my mom's birthday!  Happy Birthday, Mom!  And for those of you keeping track, yes, we do have three family birthdays within a 10-day stretch! I saw this quote last week, and it made me think of my mom:

"The greatest acts of love 
are done by those 
who are habitually performing 
small acts of kindness." 
Victor Hugo

In honor of my mom's birthday, I present you with the following list: 

Top Ten Awesome Things My Mom Did for Me that Showed Me Great Love

10.  When I was in college, mom wrote me a letter each and every week.
9.  When we found out our beloved high school band director was going to be fired, Mom wrote a speech that she delivered to the school board urging them to reconsider.
8.  Mom cooked a fresh, homemade meal every day while we were growing up.
7.  Mom designed and sewed Emily's entire nursery set--comforter, sheets, draperies, pillows.
6.  Mom volunteered to be my Brownie troop leader when no one else would.
5.  Mom sat through every single football game I cheered at, no matter what the weather.
4.  Mom often sacrificed getting nice Christmas presents so that Tom, Christy, and I could get what we asked for.
3.  Mom always made sure we felt celebrated on our birthdays.
2.  Mom edited (and typed) every paper I ever wrote until I left for college.
1.  Mom taught me about unconditional love.  I would not be the woman I am today without having you to look up to as a role model.  
Happy Birthday, Mom!  Thanks for showing me in a million different ways how much you love me. I hope the year ahead is a wonderful one--filled with lots of love, laughter, and good memories!

I love you!

XO,

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment