PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What I Made Wednesday

Hi Friends!

It seems like forever since I posted a "What I Made Wednesday" project!  Check out my new big, bold canvas.  All three kids and I worked on it together, and I completely love it.  It's huge--40x50.  I found the blank canvas on sale at Michael's for $15.  What a deal.  I figured for $15 I could pretend I was an artist, and even if it didn't turn out, it wouldn't be that big a deal.

 I sketched the pattern right on the canvas with a regular old pencil.
I picked colors that coordinated with my gray and yellow bedroom.  A little orange was added just for fun.  I used inexpensive acrylic paints, also from Michael's.  
Then I started outlining with the black paint.  It didn't take me long to realize that I should have started with the color and do the outlines at the end.
 I ended up having to do the outlines 2-3 times in places.
 Maddie and Emily helped me decide which color should go where.  All three kids helped with the painting.  It ended up being a fun summer craft project.  I love the way it looks hanging on my bedroom wall!  Hooray for inexpensive, fun art!

XO,

Vicki

1 comment:

  1. That is lovely! Great pattern and fun family project. I can't wait until Elly is old enough do that with me too!

    ReplyDelete