PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 31, 2014

One Little Word {Commit}

commit
"Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do 
long after the mood you said it in has left you."  --Trent Shelton

Hi Friends,

Month three of "commit" is done.  Overall, I think March went better than February.  I'm still finding "commit" to be an extremely challenging word.  The hardest part is the fact that it's so black & white (or maybe that's the easiest part?).  The best part about March was all the dedicated and deliberate one-on-one John time.  He frequently reminded me that it was "John month."  : )

Here's how I did in March:

Family:
1.  This month I want to focus on John.  I'd like to find some intentional one-on-one time with him each week in March.  Yes!!  We had several dates this month and it was awesome!  John loved "John Month".  I'm sure he will be sorry to see it go.  : )
2.  Two full-family game nights in March.  Nope.  :(  I will try this again in April.
3.  Call my parents once a week.  I called and even visited in March.  I need to sneak in a call today to get credit for the last week of March.  : )

Health:
1.  Stay strict on the nutrition plan.  Yes.  Except while I was in Chicago and one random Tuesday that it all went out the window for the day.
2.  CrossFit four times a week.  Yes.  Except while I was in Chicago.

Budget:
1.  Record all expenditures.  Yes
2. Come in under budget.  No

Creativity:
1.  Spend time working on Script School at least an hour each week.  Practice makes better.  No.  Script School went by the wayside this month.  I will get it all back out in April.
2.  Stay current on Project Life.  Yes

Here are my April goals:

Family: 
1.  After dinner family walks.  It finally (!) looks like spring has arrived in Wisconsin (although we still have a lot of snow in our yard).  We took our first after dinner family walk last night, and it was awesome.  Buster is completely worn out today, but he loved ever minute of yesterday's walk. 
2.  Two family game nights.  I really want to make this happen this month.

Health:
1.  CrossFit four times per week.
2.  Eat clean.
3.  Sign up for a yoga class with John.

Budget:
1.  Record all expenditures.
2.  Come in on budget.

Creativity:
1.  Make big progress on Mom and Dad's photo albums.
2. Host two creative get-togethers.

Every time I write out my monthly goals I feel positive that they are completely attainable.  I'm shooting for 100% in April. Wish me luck!

XO,
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment