PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, March 1, 2014

One Little Word {Commit}

commit
"Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do 
long after the mood you said it in has left you."  --Trent Shelton

Hi Friends,

Two months in, and "commit" is proving to be one challenging "little word".  It's always there in the back of my mind, forcing me to think about things I'd rather not.  February wasn't as fun as January, but I am going to commit to March like nobody's business.  : )

Family:
1.  At least one one-on-one date with John, Emily, Maddie, and Jack.   No.  Jack & I got one in, but the girls' schedules were crazy this month.  John and I got out, but we met friends, we were not alone.
2.  Plan and go on one all-family winter activity:  skiing, sledding, snowshoeing, ice skating.  Something outside!  No.  This didn't happen.  : (
3.  Call my parents once a week.  : )  I missed one week.  

Health:
1.  One month strict nutrition.   Yes!  I am feeling great with the new eating plan.
2.  Crossfit at least 3 times per week.  Yes!  I even went 4x/week twice.
3.  Swim at least 2 times per week.  No.  I did get to the pool this month, but not twice a week.

Budget:
1.  Record all expenditures. No--I got a little slack in recording in the middle of the month, but then got back on track.  
2.  Come in under budget.  No.

Creativity:
1.  Take full advantage of Script School.  Yes!  Not sure what I meant by "full advantage," but I am enjoying this new hobby. 
2.  Stay current on Project Life. Yes!

Yikes.  February doesn't look as good as January, but I'm going to soldier on.  Here's my "commit" goals for March:

Family:
1.  This month I want to focus on John.  I'd like to find some intentional one-on-one time with him each week in March.
2.  Two full-family game nights in March.
3.  Call my parents once a week.

Health:
1.  Stay strict on the nutrition plan.
2.  CrossFit four times a week.

Budget:
1.  Record all expenditures.
2. Come in under budget.

Creativity:
1.  Spend time working on Script School at least an hour each week.  Practice makes better.
2.  Stay current on Project Life.

I think these goals are all completely doable.  I know I can commit to all of them!

XO,
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment