PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ten Years


“It’s a memory of tragedy and shock, of loss and mourning. But not only of loss and mourning. It’s also a memory of bravery and self-sacrifice, and the love that lays down its life for a friend–even a friend whose name it never knew."
- President George W. Bush, December 11, 2001

Hello, Sweet Friends,

Today I am busy thinking and remembering. 

Ten years ago today, my sassy, fun-loving grandma died. 

I was heading to the airport with an infant Jack when the towers were hit.  If we had taken the earlier flight, we would have been one of the many people whose flights were grounded far from their final destinations. 

I didn't get home for her funeral. 

My sister, Christy, read the speech I was going to give. 

It was the saddest week, wasn't it?

Tomorrow I will think of all the people who died.  I'll think of all the heroes who gave their lives to save strangers, rescue those in need, clean up the wreckage and rebuild the area.  I'll think of all those who lost loved ones and pray that they have found a small amount of peace in the last 10 years.

God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment