PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

State Champion!

Hey Friends!

Guess what!  Not one, but TWO of our fabulous divers made the podium at this past weekend's State meet, and one of them stood at the very tippy-top!  I can't tell you how absolutely thrilled I was for Greysen Herting--Wisconsin State Diving Champion!  And see that girl atop the #3 spot?  That's Greysen's sister, Hazel.  Yup!  Both Herting girls made the podium.  It was a HUGE day for Neenah Diving.  Our other state qualifier, Molly Patzke, also earned team points with her 14th place finish!  I couldn't be more proud of what they each accomplished.

I am the first to admit that I know very little about diving (although I'm learning!).  We are one team and share the same pool, but our training programs couldn't be more different.  In the last two-and-a-half years I have watched our divers work, and work, and work some more.  They train incredibly hard, both on the boards and on the trampoline.  Our divers are quiet and modest;  you would never know they are some of the best athletes in the state.  It's that kind of quiet leadership that I most admire about them.  Sometimes the best way to lead is by example--and each of them has done a fantastic job leading by example.  I have never heard them complain, or boast, or be anything but great role models for other divers and swimmers.  All of that hard work and perseverance paid off big-time on Saturday, and I couldn't be happier for them.  I absolutely love when good things happen to good people.

Congratulations, NHS Divers!  You are all champions!

XO,

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment