Ready for my new favorite cookie? Holy-Moly! These chocolate and peanut butter chip pretzel cookies are THE BEST! I spied these cookies over on the olive tree and knew I was going to have to give them a try. I mean, really?!? Milk chocolate + peanut butter + pretzels? That has YUM written all over it! I whipped up a batch of these last Thursday night to bring down to Chicago last weekend and they got rave reviews. Two thumbs up, all-around! Turns out the original recipe came from Sarah over at Sugar Cooking. Sarah--YOU and YOUR COOKIES completely ROCK! Give these cookies a try--you're going to love their salty/sweet goodness!
Recipe: Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Pretzel Cookies
Recipe from Sarah at Sugar Cooking
Makes 24 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of tightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup broken up pretzel pieces
- Pretzel Salt or Sea Salt
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat the butter and sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). On low speed, slowly add the beaten egg and vanilla extract. Beat to combine, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until there are no more streaks of flour. Stir in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and pretzels. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop out well rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough and sprinkle with pretzel salt. Leave about 2 inches between each ball. Bake for 10 minutes. If you prefer crispier cookies increase the baking time by 1-2 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing.