PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Homemade Granola

Hi Friends--

A couple of years ago, my friend Amy taught me how to make homemade granola.  My family pretty much flipped over it.  Over the years I have made lots of batches--it's become my go-to recipe for easy teacher and coach gifts.  I love that it's made with all natural ingredients--it's the epitome of simple goodness.  We mostly eat it straight out of the jar, but John loves it sprinkled over ice cream, too.

Amy’s Super-Duper Granola
3 C. Old-Fashioned Oats
1 C. Slivered Almonds
1/4 C. Melted Butter
1/4 C. Brown Sugar
1/4 C. Honey
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1 C. Flaked Coconut
1 C. Golden Raisins
Mix together oats and almonds in a 15×10 pan. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix honey, butter and brown sugar. Pour over oat mixture, stirring well to combine. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Spread mixture evenly in pan. Bake uncovered at 250 for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven, stir in coconut and bake 45 more minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in raisins. Let cool in pan. When cool, transfer to tightly covered containers and store at room temperature.

I usually quadruple this recipe--it never goes to waste! 

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

XO,

Vicki

PS  I am happy to report that I made HUGE progress on the basement yesterday!  (And yes, Amy, I ended up donating the Mickey Mouse costume [even though I totally wanted to keep it!].  You're right;  some other little kid is going to LOVE getting to dress up like Mickey.)  I've always been sentimental--it's hard for me to give up some things.  But I'll always have the pictures, right?

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, friend! That picture of Jack is so precious! More precious than the costume itself. I am proud of you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete