PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 26, 2012

Like a Hoarders Episode


Hi Friends!

We are back after our lovely weekend in Chicago and I have so much to share!  Unfortunately, I have no time to blog today because I have an Arts Festival committee meeting at my house in 2 hours and my basement looks like something out of an episode of "Hoarders".  I wouldn't care, but see that door in the background (behind the big down comforter thrown over the stacks of boxes?)...well, that's the door to my office where we meet.

I made a promise to John that I would clean out the basement storage area while he was in Peru.  Needless-to-say, there was a lot of stuff in the storage room.  Now the storage room is empty (and quite lovely I might add...), but the sitting area is so full I had to make paths so that Jack could get to his room and the bathroom.

I have to confess that I do watch Hoarders every now and then.  It just sucks me in.  I just marvel at how much stuff people accumulate--so much stuff that it ends up affecting the way they live.  Poor souls.  Then I dragged everything out of my storage room and discovered my own mess.  Holy cow.  Talk about a wake-up call!  Time to make some trips to Goodwill.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go do something about that mess before the ladies get here.*

Have a fabulous day!

XO,

Vicki

*On second thought, I think I'll hold my meeting upstairs this time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment