PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 18, 2013

Project Life {February 25-March 3}

 Hi Friends!

The best part of having nothing on the calendar for an entire weekend:  lots of time to play (& catch up) with Project Life.  I fell behind a bit due to the big "Cornea Tear of 2013" a few weeks ago. Have you ever torn your cornea?  Holy cow!  It hurts!  Needless-to-say, blogging and crafting went down to a minimum that week.
The big highlight of February 25-March 3 was the high school's Solo & Ensemble contest, which took place on Saturday.  All three girls participated, and I volunteered by working concessions, so it was a big day.  The girls all did really well, and it was fun to hear each of them play.  Emily got a "1*" on her solo, so she will play it again at State.  She was pretty darn excited!  Raffi got a "1" on her solo, which is incredible since she just started playing the String Bass in September.  Raffi arrived already knowing how to play the guitar and electric bass, and she has done a fabulous job making the transition to String Bass.  Besides the solos, there were plenty of ensembles that day, too.  Maddie joined up with two friends from orchestra and played a fun trio.  Emily played a duet with her friend, Sophie, (below in black), and a trio with two friends from band.  I did a fantastic job selling hot dogs with my wonky red right eye.  : )
I spent a great deal of time that week working on sorting out my craft room.  I ended up filling a HUGE container with supplies I felt I could live without.  I gave them all to one of my favorite crafty swimmers.  She was thrilled!  I sorted and labeled everything that was left.  I now know everything that I have, and I am recommitted to using it up!  : )

XO,

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment