PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What I Made Wednesday: Spring Wreath {From the Archives}



Hello Friends!
I am knee-deep working on picture boards for Robin's moms' funeral tomorrow, so I thought I'd pull a project out of the archives to share on this week's What I Made Wednesday.    Today is officially the first day of spring, although you would never know it here in Wisconsin.  It is 8 degrees out right now.  Eight!  Anyway, I'm going to put this wreath up today, anyway.  I am so ready for spring and warmer weather!!   I made this wreath 2 years ago and blogged about it here.  Did you know I used to blog over at So Very Vicki?  If not, feel free to go check it out.  
This wreath was a little labor-intensive, but not difficult.  Each flower took me about 10 minutes to make.  I followed a wonderfully fantastic tutorial over on Craft Snob to learn how to make the flowers.  The original tutorial is no longer up on their site, but here is a new one that shows you the steps I took to make my flowers.  
A couple of reminders:  hot glue is *extremely* hot!  Use extra care!  I seem to remember burning 8 out of 10 fingers making these flowers.  Also, by the time you are done wrapping your wreath form you will be covered in burlap fuzz.  Seriously. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.  : )
Okay, Mother Nature, I've got my spring wreath hanging on the door--it's time for you to do your part.

Have you made anything fun lately?

XO,

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment