PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, December 9, 2011

Cookie Love


Hi Friends--

Here's a peek at what's been coming out of my oven the last couple of days.  I'm still not completely done doing my mom's baking, but I'm getting close!  (And yes, I realize that if I spent more time actually baking cookies and less time taking pictures of cookies, I'd probably be done by now.  But really...aren't these pictures cute?!?)  The top picture is of the Chocolate Crinkle cookies.

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
1 C unsweetened cocoa powder
2 C sugar
1/2 C vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 tps. vanilla extract
2 C flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 C confectioners sugar
In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into one inch balls.
Coat each ball in confectioners' sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.

This is a shot of the Butterfinger cookies:


Butterfinger Cookies
64 Ritz Crackers
3/4 C smooth peanut butter
2 bags of white chocolate chips
Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on 32 crackers and cover with another cracker to make 32 sandwiches. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Start at 1 minute on high. Stir. Continue to melt chips 30 seconds at a time and stir between until the chocolate is smooth and completely melted. Dip each Ritz sandwich in chocolate. Use sprinkles to decorate. Place sandwich on tinfoil to cool.

And these beauties are my absolute favorite Toffee Almond Sandies:

Toffee Almond Sandies

1 C butter
1 C vegetable oil
1 C sugar
1 C confectioners' sugar
2 eggs 1 tsp. almond extract
4 1/2 C flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. salt
2 C sliced almonds
1 10-oz. pkg. English toffee bits or 7 oz Almond brickle chips

In mixing bowl, cream butter, oil and sugars.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Beat in extract.  Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt;  gradually add to the creamed mixture.  Stir in almonds and toffee bits.  Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove to wire racks to cool.


Enjoy!

XO,

Vicki


5 comments:

  1. All 3 of these look SO good. I make the butterfinger ones, but i always use milk chocolate, not white chocolate. I will have to try that. Thanks for posting 3 delicious recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness these all sound amazing! I have never heard of butterfinger cookies! I would love for you to link up with my Christmas Cookie Countdown :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And they taste even better than they look! Thanks from my heart for making Christmas as special as always. Thanks to your helpers who make every day a new adventure.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look so good. I don't know which one to try first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These look beautiful! It's making me want to hop to the kitchen and bake right now! hmmm... I LOVE toffee bits!

    ReplyDelete