PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 3, 2014

One Little Word {Commit}

commit
"Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do 
long after the mood you said it in has left you."  --Trent Shelton

Hi Friends!

Happy February!  January seemed to fly by, didn't it?  I think it was all those "cold days" the kids had off from school.  Every time I turned around, everyone was home with me.  : )  It's time to set some new goals for my One Little Word, Commit.  But first, here's a look at how I did in January. 


January Goals:

Family: 
1.   Teach each child how to prepare one dinner per week.  Yes (or at least--close!).  Emily learned how to make my spaghetti sauce, lasagna, & cilantro lime chicken, Maddie learned how to make my homemade pizza, Jack learned how to make tacos, crab meat sandwiches, and pesto bowtie pasta.  Maddie is the stage manager for the play this weekend and she wasn't home for dinner most nights in January.  I'll be sure to catch her up after the play!  I really enjoyed doing this with the kids.  Emily sat in on other people's lessons--she wants to learn as much as possible before she leaves for college.  Jack was a surprisingly enthusiastic and excellent student.  He especially liked when I told him he could have as many crab meat sandwiches as he wanted since he made them.  : )
2.  No screen time when the kids are home.  Yes!
3.  Call my parents at least once a week.  Yes!

Health:

1.  Go to CrossFit at least 3 times per week.  Yes!
2.  Swim at least 3 times per week.  No--I swam 1-2 times per week throughout January.
3.  No processed food. Yes!

Budget:

1.  Record all expenditures. Yes!
2.  Finish the month on budget. Yes!

Creativity:

1.  Finish my December Daily Yes!
2.  Finish through 1975 in mom and dad's photo albums. No--I hit a bump in the road when I found out most of 1960 was captured on slides instead of film.  I am working on inexpensive options for getting all the slides printed out.  Anybody have any good recommendations for this?
3.  Complete and blog about one non-Project Life craft.  Yes!

All-in-all, I'm pleased with how January went.   I can honestly say that "commit" helped me accomplish many of these goals!  Here's what I want to commit to in February:


Family:

1.  At least one one-on-one date with John, Emily, Maddie, and Jack.  This sounds easy, but my kiddos are busy--this one will actually take some pre-scheduling and follow-through.  : )
2.  Plan and go on one all-family winter activity:  skiing, sledding, snowshoeing, ice skating.  Something outside!
3.  Call my parents once a week.  I need to keep this habit up!  : )

Health:

1.  One month strict paleo.  I'm going to try this--100%.  I meet with a nutritionist tomorrow.  I am a little bit nervous about this--but also excited. Cutting out processed food in January was a good start, but I really need to cut out the sugar, flour, and caffeine, too.  
2.  Crossfit at least 3 times per week.
3.  Swim at least 2 times per week.  Let's see if I can hit this goal in February.

Budget:

1.  Record all expenditures.
2.  Come in under budget.

Creativity:

1.  Take full advantage of Script School.
2.  Stay current on Project Life.

Whew!  Those goals always seem so much bigger when they are typed out and sent out to the world.  : )  Here's to month two of Commit!

XO,


Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment