PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Book Journal

Hello Friends!
I am getting a bit giddy about our first Mother/Daughter book club meeting in a couple of weeks.  I can't wait for all the fabulous moms and their equally-fabulous daughters to meet.  I decided I needed a new book journal to record all the books we read together as a group.
I found an old 5x7 ring binder in my stash and decided it would make a perfect journal.  I intend to fill out the library card in the front pocket with the titles of the books we read.
I cut up some vintage pages from a textbook that had fun, old-timey quotes about books.
On the inside, I punched white card stock and decorated the edge of each page.  I will use the blank pages to take notes & write down book suggestions that come up when we're together.
I'm kinda excited to start filling this journal out.  Can you tell?  : )
Have a great day!

XO,
Vicki

PS  I am reading a FABULOUS book right now, Maud Martha, written by Gwendolyn Brooks.  Ms. Brooks is known for her poetry. She was the first African American to win the Pulitzer Prize.  Maud Martha is the only book Ms. Brooks has ever written.  Each sentence is so perfect, it feels like poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment