PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Crowd Pleaser

Hi Friends!

I've had more than a couple requests for Jack's "Crowd Pleaser" dessert recipe, so I thought I'd just share it with everybody.  I've made this recipe a gazzion times, and it is ALWAYS a hit.  Always!  The best part--you can make it days in advance.  The second best part--it makes a whole 9x13 pan--so it really does feed a crowd.

Here's the super-easy recipe:

1.  Crush a package of Oreos in a Ziplock bag.  I use my rolling pin, but you can do it by hand, too. Scrape all that crushed goodness into a bowl.
2.  Add 1/4 cup melted butter and mix well.
3.  Press into a 9x13 pan.
4.  Slice 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream and lay the pieces on top of the crust.
5.  Cover with chopped pecans.*
6.  Put in freezer.
7.  Combine the following items in a saucepan:

4 oz. German sweet chocolate (I use Baker's brand--it comes in a box. Break up all the little squares)
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter

8.  Bring contents to a boil, and boil 4 minutes, stirring constantly. 
9.  Add 1 tsp of vanilla.  Cool.
10.  Pour sauce over mixture in 9x13 pan.
11. Cover with Cool-whip.
12.  Freeze and enjoy!!

Hope you love it as much as my family & friends do!

XO,

Vicki

*John doesn't like nuts, so I usually skip this part. I like it better with nuts, but I like John more than nuts, so I guess it all works out in the end.


1 comment:

  1. I made this for our Memorial Day picnic today, and everyone loved it! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete