Wednesday, July 18, 2012
I've had more than a couple requests for Jack's "Crowd Pleaser" dessert recipe, so I thought I'd just share it with everybody. I've made this recipe a gazzion times, and it is ALWAYS a hit. Always! The best part--you can make it days in advance. The second best part--it makes a whole 9x13 pan--so it really does feed a crowd.
Here's the super-easy recipe:
1. Crush a package of Oreos in a Ziplock bag. I use my rolling pin, but you can do it by hand, too. Scrape all that crushed goodness into a bowl.
2. Add 1/4 cup melted butter and mix well.
3. Press into a 9x13 pan.
4. Slice 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream and lay the pieces on top of the crust.
5. Cover with chopped pecans.*
6. Put in freezer.
7. Combine the following items in a saucepan:
4 oz. German sweet chocolate (I use Baker's brand--it comes in a box. Break up all the little squares)
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
8. Bring contents to a boil, and boil 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
9. Add 1 tsp of vanilla. Cool.
10. Pour sauce over mixture in 9x13 pan.
11. Cover with Cool-whip.
12. Freeze and enjoy!!
Hope you love it as much as my family & friends do!
*John doesn't like nuts, so I usually skip this part. I like it better with nuts, but I like John more than nuts, so I guess it all works out in the end.
Posted by Vicki at 12:17 PM