PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 9, 2012

I Love the Farmer's Market

 Hi Friends!

Saturday was a good day.  Any day that begins with a chai tea latte, a shared poppy seed scone and tooling around the farmer's market with Amy is a good day!  I don't know what it is, but I love going to the farmer's market.  I love looking at the fresh produce all piled up on the tables and the booths filled with handmade crafts.  It's one of my very favorite parts of summer.
 This week I only needed a few things.  I bought a huge clump of cilantro so I could make this Lisa's incredibly fabulous Cucumber Lime Salsa. (So, so good!  John's mom was CRAZY about it!!)
 I also bought some yummy radishes (love them) and 3 succulent plants.  I'm kind of giddy about my new succulents.  I can't wait to get them transferred into a bowl.
Pretty soon it will be peak pepper and tomato time.  I think I'll be good with tomatoes from my garden, but something ate all the leaves off my pepper plants this year. No worries, though, I know there will be plenty of peppers at the farmer's market. 

Yahoo for fresh, locally-grown produce!

XO,

Vicki

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the farmers market!!! YUM YUM YUMMMM!!!! So glad you had fun!
    Happy Monday :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete